Wednesday 22 July 2015

Review of my 2015 Resolutions

Hi there!

Can you believe it is the end of July already? I most certainly can't. 2015 is passing by so quickly, it is hard to keep up! Actually I am pretty sure we skipped a few months this year... Sigh.

Anyway, it seems like a good time to review my 2015 goals, which I wrote about in this post. The following were my five resolutions.


Let's see how I have succeed so far...

(1) Open a Dawanda Shop

I finally bit the bullet last weekend. So far I have been too afraid to open a shop because I was afraid people wouldn't like my stuff. Silly, I know (they just won't buy it, if they don't like it) but I was afraid. Now I need to work on the General Terms and Conditions. Man, I thought overcoming my fear was the biggest part in the progress but no, working on these terms is a lot harder! Who would have thought?!



(2) Use a daily planner each day

Well, I didn't do too well on this so far. I tried. I really did but it didn't work for me. I wonder if I should try again or just give up?! Do you have good experience with daily planners? 

I use a planner and a to do app at work but somehow I don't seem to need (?!) one at home. Hm.

(3) Exercise daily

Eh, I tried? Again not very successful BUT I bought a fitbit charge HR last week and so far I have done 10 000 steps each day plus I started watching what I eat. Little steps, little steps...

Why did I get the fitness tracker you might ask? Well I am certainly not into self optimizing but this tracker proves itself pretty useful to get into a new habit. And I need a new habit: I am incredible unfit and I hate that status, so I need to change it. :)


I also went running with the boyfriend twice. Well, kinda - there was a lot of walking involved. I need to get fit enough for morning runs though as Kathryn, Michelle's sister, suggested that there would be kangaroos in the morning if we go running together this winter (=summer in Australia).

(4) Drink a Green Smoothie daily

We did well on that for a few weeks but in the end it took so long to prepare them. Recently I read some articles online on how people prepare all their smoothie mixes for the week ahead. Perhaps I will give that a try.

(5) Declutter the flat



Yay, finally something we are doing well with. There is still heaps of stuff in the flat but we tossed several boxes of stuff, took the good stuff to Oxfam and made sure not to bring too much new stuff in the flat. It is a long way but we are getting there. I might even declutter my yarn stash. We will see...


Did you have any new year resolutions and how did you go on them so far?

I try not to feel guilty about not reaching mine (yet). I see them more as guidelines and if they don't work out for me, I need to find new ones. :)

Take care

Anne

17 comments :

  1. Wow! What a lot of goals to keep. I tend to have good intentions, especially in the being organised, tidying area of my life but I am afraid that creativity tends to get in the way :-) They say creative people are disorganized, seems like a good excuse to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I remember a saying which goes something like this:
      Only small minded people need order, creative genius conquer the chaos! :)

      Delete
  2. I had a lot of good intentions and sadly ---- I'm still working on them.

    I don't use a daily planner, but I do put appointments into my phone's calendar AND I have a to do app for those chores that aren't a regular chore OR something I want to make sure gets done at a certain time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find a way to track appointments to. When I still worked as a teacher I had a huge calendar and put all kind of other appointments in as well. I was so much better with getting to these appointments back then :p

      Delete
  3. I don't make resolutions at the new year so I don't have any problem with not keeping them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good plan! Earlier this year I had the feeling I should jot down some things I found important. it kinda helped me to remember them this year but as you can see from my post I am not to strikt about them...

      Delete
  4. As long as you are making progress, Anne, you should feel good. Some things (like the Dawanda T&C) take longer or are more complicated than anticipated. I think you should try again with a daily planner - maybe you haven't found the right one to suit your personality and way of working yet. There are lots of different types and systems.
    I have two diaries. A big month spread that lives on my desk and everything goes in there in a basic form. I have an A5 day-to-a-page diary for daily planning and entering more detailed information. The page is organised into half hour segments for entering appointments and planning my time.
    I usually look in the big diary for a general outlook and I plan my next day in the small diary the night before. I am not bright in the mornings so the small diary is a good reminder of how I planned my day, what I have to do, where to go and when and what to take with me, It's all about getting into habits.
    Just like your fitness. Replace bad habits with good ones. :-) Good luck Anne! I am sure you will succeed because you are taking the time to think about your goals and evaluate your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I will be able to set up the store this weekend. Fingers crossed.

      I'd love to have one planner for everything but as I am using an electronic one at work, I can't bring myself to write down all the appointments in two calendars. And for the one at work, I don't want to put my private stuff in it. Hm. I will look out for a small calendar to put into my handbag in 2016 :)

      Delete
    2. Perhaps you could print out information from the electronic one at work to a suitable size for your handbag and then add in the private details by hand onto it.

      Delete
  5. I have no list of resolutions or to-do list because I think it's a good way to feel disappointed. Of course we can't do all the listed things ... so I prefer living in a more spontaneous way ... Good luck with all of yours !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like to be over planned either but with these resolutions, I see them as goals for things I really wanted to do for ages but never got around too :) A bit like reminders really

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you're doing pretty well with these in my opinion. We make resolutions concerning things which we find difficult and it's often hard to stick with them for that reason. Like Geraldine, I don't make them any more, but I do have things I'm working on (like fitness). As for organisation, I keep a little personal diary as well as a larger family one, and only make to-do lists when too many things start to buzz around in my head! Hope you have a good weekend :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about how resolutions tend to be difficult ones. Hm, we will see if I make new ones next year :D

      Delete
  7. Just because you didn't stick with something doesn't mean that you have failed, it just means that it wasn't the right thing for you to be doing. So move on and do something else! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very right about that! I consider such "failures" as steps on the way to find out what's best for me :)

      Delete
  8. Well, I think you're doing pretty well TBH! : ) My year started in a most unexpected way so I had to make lots of adjustment, but talking about the crafts I had some resolution too: not to buy more cotton untill I had used some this summer, and so far I've been quite good, but that's not fair, cos I'm barely crochetting. I also wanted to learn more knitting techniques, and I haven't been knitting since I don't know when, the same for Tunisia crochet, soo... yeah, I'm not really satisfied with my creative resolutions. Not at all. Hope the second half of the year will be better! : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valentina. I hope your life is back where you want it now!

      Haha, I am kinda the same with cotton yarn at the moment. Drops Yarn has a huge discount sale for cotton yarns going on this month and so far I have been good and haven't bought anything. Not sure I will last though... ;-)

      Delete