Friday 29 April 2016

Ta-dah! Rainbow Cozy Stripes Blanket

Hello everyone!

Finally a new blog post from me. Somehow I have troubles getting back into a good blogging habit this year. I shall try to do better from now on (as I love blogging)!


You might remember I have been working on the blanket which shall be a wedding present for my honoary aunt for quite a few weeks now. I think I started in February and guess what - it is finally finished!


The finished blanket is about 170 cm x 190 cm and weights over 2kg. I used 24 colours and tried (...) to use them in the same order all the time. It worked out more or less but in the end the skipped colors don't matter much. The yarn is Stylecraft Special DK - man, I am in love with this yarn! So soft and great to work with! Instead of buying new yarn, I used yarn from my stash - I wasn't aware I had that much (and there is more in the stash!).

Altogether the blanket is huge! And just right for some people to cuddle under :) As the blanket is so big, I wasn't able to take a picture of the whole blanket yet. I hope to be able to spread it on grass outside sometime the next week but at the moment it is too rainy outside. 



The pattern is from Lucy from Attic24 which I followed for the blanket body but not the border. The border is a linen-stitch-repreat with all the colors I used for the body (except one as I ran out of yarn). I adore the border so much! Next time I would go up a hook size for the border though as it is a bit to tight for the blanket to lay flat.

I am in love with this blanket! It was a pleasure to have in the living room while I was working on it because it was so rainbow-ish! I hope the new owners will love it as much as I do! It will be a wedding present. 
  



What are you working on at the moment? Now that I have finished the cozy stripes blanket, I will start on the Stylecraft CAL. :)

Take care
Anne

10 comments :

  1. Wow, this is wonderful! I think you did an amazing job! Never mind blogging if you can make such beauty instead :-)
    Have a nice weekend,
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I will try to blog more in the coming weeks as I love it so much!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful blanket and a big one, as well! I just love rainbow stripes, it looks so fresh and delicious. Have a nice weekend, Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Viola! I love the blanket too!

      Delete
  3. Hi gorgeous blanket. Can you tell me how many foundation chains did you start with?
    Thanks Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I didn't note down the foundation chain number. Sorry :( I did a multitude of threes until my desired width.

      Delete
  4. You inspired my latest finished project actually, Anne. I had already begun a baby cosy stripe around the same time as you began your own rainbow adventure but when I saw your lovely rainbow linen stitch border I just had to copy you. I have just finished weaving in all the dreaded ends about an hour ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh! I need to look your blanket up!! I love how the border turned out!

      Delete
  5. Hi Anne, your blanket is spectacular! I am sure it will be very precious to the new owners. The hint about using a larger hook for the border is very useful and something to keep in mind whenever there's a border to be done.
    It doesn't matter how simple a project might seem at the inception, there is always something new to learn with each new item made. Thank you for sharing the process so we can all learn together.
    I hope you are well and that the sun comes out so you can get that big photo done! Cheers, Jodie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new owners love the blanket!! :)

      Delete